Billy
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
12771247

2003 CHEVY: TRANSMISSION FLUID..THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME OUT..TRANS

I CHANGED TRANSMISSION FLUID IN MY 2003 CHEVY SILVERADO, WHEN I BEGAN DRIVINIG, THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME OUT, WHEN I AM IN PARKING AND WANT TO GO IT FEELS HAEVY AS THE TRANS, HAVE NO FIRST GEAR.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Billy replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to just answer.

can you tell me what the code number is?
Is it possible that you broke one of the shift solenoids while removing the pan?

Billy
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I WILL TAKE MY TRUCK FOR A SCANNER, TOMORROW; WILL THEY TOLD ME WHAT CODE IS ? IS THAT CODE NUMBER WHAT YOU NEED ? THANKS
Expert:  Billy replied 6 years ago.
Yes it is the code number what i need.
Do you think that you may/possibly broke the solenoid?
did you heal a crack when you were removing/installing the pan?

Billy

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

OKAY ! I JUST TOOK MY TRUCK FOR A CODE PULL AND THE SOLENOIDS ARE: "PO 756 SHIFT SOLENOID B CIRCUIT PERFOMANCE OR STUCK OFF AND 758 SHIFT SOLENOID B CIRCUIT ELECTRICAL"...YOU KNOW A TRANS. SHOP ON ZIPCODE 92376 OR CLOSE AND HOW MUCH IT COST TO FIX MY PLOBLEM ?

THANKS

Expert:  Billy replied 6 years ago.
Ok Diego,

Here is what you can do.
you can take your truck to the transmission shop and pay them to replace the faulty component, unfortunately I can't recommend anyone around your location.

The second option is for you to go to the GM dealer or some auto parts store and purchase a 2-3 shift solenoid. (make sure it fits your vehicle) and a transmission pan gasket.
Then you can remove the pan again and replace the solenoid yourself, which would take you about 5 min after you have removed the transmission pan. You dont have to be a transmission specialist to replace the solenoid. it is easy.
I assume though, you are the one that replaced the filter and the fluid the first time?

Tell me what sounds better?

If you feel my answer was helpful, please click the ACCEPT button. Feedback & Bonuses are always welcome.
Best regards,
Billy
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience: Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector