GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2002 Chevy Trailblazer: The Service Air Bag light..disconnecting

2002 Chevy Trailblazer - The Service Air Bag light has come on. This has happen before and I have been able to reset it by disconnecting the battery. That did not work this time. Also the Cruise Control and Temperture Sensor have quit working. Seems like the computer is going bad.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to JA. The first thing you need to do is get the system scanned for codes in the airbag system. The light is coming on because it is seeing a fault. By cycling the battery you erased the code and the light stayed out only because the fault was not present after that. Now, the fault is there and not going away. Most major part stores will scan for free. Post the codes they retrieve and we can start some diagnosis.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry for the delay, my internet service has been down. I went to Auto Zone and they pulled the code from the PCM. All it showed was a P0340, Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Error.

Ok. Could they scan the airbag system? If not, you might need to get the dealer to scan it. As for the engine code, that could disable the cruise.