Dan, Auto Technician
Experience:  GM Mark of Excellence/ Service Guild Participant with 13 years experience, ASE Master Certified
4976144

my 2003 tahoe Z-71 passenger door has no power at all and my

my 2003 tahoe Z-71 passenger door has no power at all and my remote does not work anymore cant lock or unlock doors
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

The truck will need to go to the GM dealer so they can reprogram the passenger door module (the window switch assembly is the door module and also controls the remote function actuation). Here is the applicable bulletin from GM.

#03-08-52-001C: Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative (Reprogram Passenger Door Module) - (Mar 17, 2003)

Subject:Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative (Reprogram Passenger Door Module)

Models:2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL
2003 HUMMER H2
From Start of Production (SOP) through December, 2002 for the 2003 Model Year

This bulletin is being revised to provide the latest service information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 03-08-52-001B (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:

The RKE key fob does not function.
The RKE has a very limited range.
The passenger door will not unlock from the passengers or drivers door switches.
The passenger door window is inoperative.

Correction

Important: For clarification purposes, the following information is provided. The components involved in this bulletin are known by various names. The Service Information Document ID #849813 refers to the component as the Door Lock and Side Window Switch. General Motors Service Parts refers to the components as SWITCH DR LK & SI WDO. Within this component is a micro processor that is referred to as the Passenger Door Module (PDM). Techline equipment refers to the component as the PDM Passenger Door Module. This bulletin addresses issues with the software of the microprocessor in the Passenger Door Module (PDM).

Perform the following procedure step by step (do not skip a step) to determine the proper course of action.

Important: Verify the software version in your Tech 2. If the software is not 23.001 or newer, your Tech 2 software needs to be updated.

1. Determine the production date of the vehicle by viewing the certification label on the driver's door.
    If the vehicle's month of production is PRIOR to 01/03, go to Step 2.
    If the vehicle's month of production is 01/03, THIS BULLETIN DOES NOT APPLY. Refer to Customer Satisfaction Program bulletin 03011, published March 2003.
    If the vehicles month of production is 02/03 or newer, this bulletin does not apply. Refer to published Service Information for the symptom experienced by the customer.
  2. Use the Tech 2 to determine the PDM operational software release number.
    With the Tech 2 installed and powered up, verify the software version. If the software is not 23.001 or newer, your Tech 2 software needs to be updated.
    Press Enter.
    Select: Diagnostics.
    Select model year: 2003.
    Select: Light truck.
    Select : Body.
    Select the proper Product line.
    Select the proper HVAC Type.
    Select the proper Radio System type.
    Select: Passenger Door Module.
    Select: Data display.
    Select: Module 1 information.
    - If a number is XXXXX following "Operational S/W Part Number" , continue with the next bullet.
    - If an (*) is displayed following "Operational S/W Part Number" , go to Step #3 below.
    If the "Operational S/W Part Number" is 15181562, 15186199 or 15186460, exit out of this bulletin procedure. Refer to Service Information to diagnose the condition reported by the customer (the vehicle has the most current software as of the date of this bulletin).
    Exit to the Main Menu.
    Perform normal SPS reprogramming of the Passenger Door Module.
    Go to Step 4.
  3. If an (*) is displayed following "Operational S/W Part Number" , return to the screen which will allow you to select the Passenger Door Module by pressing Exit (3) times.
    Select: Passenger Door Module.
    Select: Special Functions.
    Select: Refresh.
    Follow all on-screen instructions.
    When the Tech 2 displays "Refresh Procedure Successful", Exit to the Main Menu.
    Go to Step 4.
  4. Return the vehicle to the customer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so how much will it cost and how much time will it take
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
They shouldn't charge more than 1 hour of labor and the highest labor rate I have seen is $100/hour. So no more than 1 hour time and $100.
Dan, Auto Technician
Experience: GM Mark of Excellence/ Service Guild Participant with 13 years experience, ASE Master Certified