Joel
Joel, Auto technician
Experience:  GM, ASE Certified Technician. Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Olds. Over 18 Years experience and growing.
5217488

I have a 99 cadillac deville with abs and traction light on

I have a 99 cadillac deville with abs and traction light on and stability warning. code set was break in continuity to abs. clear code now bmpv pump moter stalled code set. is it harness to abs module? Or what suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joel replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

What exactly are the code number(S) you are getting.

I may be able to give some hellp.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am at home now and don't have code numbers only code is the one for bmpv pump stalled
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hey joel, i am at home and don't have code now. The only code is for the bmpv pump moter stalled
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a feeling it is a ground or power problem and from what i have read it is very likely on the 99 cad deville. would you know where it might be?
Expert:  Joel replied 5 years ago.

Let me get that info for you. Give me a few minutes....

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok joel,thanks!! I am not much for wiring and circuits and sure appreciate your help earl
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for your help joel
Expert:  Joel replied 5 years ago.

Power feed to the ABS is from 2 different fuses in the underhood fuse blocks. Fusesw labeled- BRAKES 50 amp, and ABS 10amp.

3 power suppl wires on the module from the 2 fuses- 2 red terminal E and D, 1 pink terminal A.

2 grounds. One on the lefts side of the radiator support (see pic.)

The other the between the engine and trans. Front of car (see pic- Ground is #2)

graphic

graphic

Hope this was helpful.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks guys,i will check first thing in morning and this site is great!!!!!!
Expert:  Joel replied 5 years ago.
Happy to help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Joel and i accepted the payment
Expert:  Joel replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. Let me know if you need more help.

Joel, Auto technician
Experience: GM, ASE Certified Technician. Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Olds. Over 18 Years experience and growing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey Joel, I accepted and it was charged to card. It went to another tech who answered with the same answer. I will check e-mails and give you his name