RICK, ASE Certified Technician

2000 gmc: van..I remove the door panels to replace the speakers

I have a 2000 gmc savana van. How do I remove the door panels to replace the speakers?

Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-do you have power locks and windows?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No it is a manual crank and door locks - no automatic anything.
A diagram would be most helpful as there is a lot of plastic sheeting and foam obscuring my view.
A mechanic said there was a clip on the door handle to remove it but I do not see a clip near the crank itself or further in along the knurled crank shaft.

hi Customer

here is a picture of tool and handle together showing where to push tool behind handle. may be able to use pick tip tool to catch end of clip and pull off , back side to grab is 180 degrees of handle knob

Object Number: 5087  Size: SH

Object Number: 333938  Size: SH

do you have rest off door trim off or loose,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you have anything showing the general clip locations and order of removal?
I think I have already broken a few clips.
I will look for a "clip tool". Hopefully I can fashion something.

hi Customer,

this trim panel does not use retainer clips to hood to door, remove door trim panel this way....

• Remove the window regulator handle using the J 9886-01 .
    Object Number: 333940  Size: SH

• Remove the window regulator handle bezel (4).
  • Remove the screws that retain the front door trim plate to the door panel.
  • Pull the bottom of the front door trim plate out in order to remove the retainers on the front door trim plate from the front door trim panel (1).
  • Remove the front door trim plate from the slots in the front door trim panel.
  • Remove the front door trim plate from the vehicle.
  • Remove the screws from the armrest.
  • Lift up on the front door trim panel in order to release the retaining tabs (2) on the front door trim panel.
  • Remove the front door trim panel from the vehicle.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    Where is the best place to get a manual? Least expensive? Thanks for help so far.
    hi can try to buy on ebay, for used for new go to about $100 shipped i think, rick
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    Thanks for your help - great service and a great time saver.
    I wish this info was not so well guarded though. Seems that a manual should be online and available to folks that bought a GMC rather than held as privileged information.
    Probably goes a long way towards explaining GM's current issues with their companies survival.
    your welcome, anything else i can do just ask..rick