Mr_Wrench
Mr_Wrench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  24yr gm Drivability & Electrical
11979730

How do I fix a PO602 OBD2 code

Customer Question

How do I fix a PO602 OBD2 code
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Have you replace any of the control modules in this truck? When did this code set? The code is for a module not being programed or a internal failure of the module.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No I have not replaced any modules on the truck. It came on about 7 days ago.
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 8 years ago.
The module will need to be reprogramed at a dealer. If the code resets the module most possible is internal failure and should have a 8 year 80000. mile warranty.
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 8 years ago.
The number below refers to the step number on the diagnostic table. A DTC P0602 indicates the PCM is not programmed. Step Action Yes No 1 Did you perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle? Go to Step 2 Go to Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information 2 Is DTC P0602 set? Go to Step 3 Go to Step 5 3 Program the powertrain control module (PCM). Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) in Programming and Setup. Does DTC P0602 reset? Go to Step 4 Go to Step 6 4 Ensure that all tool connections are secure. Ensure that the programming equipment is operating correctly. Ensure that the correct software/calibration package is used. Attempt to program the PCM. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) in Programming and Setup. Does DTC P0602 reset? Go to Step 5 Go to Step 6 5 Replace the PCM. Refer to Powertrain Control Module Replacement . Did you complete the replacement? Go to Step 6 -- 6 Clear the DTCs with a scan tool. Turn OFF the ignition for 30 seconds. Start the engine. Did the DTC fail this ignition? Go to Step 2 Go to Step 7 7 Observe the Capture Info with a scan tool. Are there any DTCs that have not been diagnosed? Go to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information System OK