96 monte carlo: a 3100 v6 engine what..firing order

Customer Question

I have a 96 monte carlo with a 3100 v6 engine what is the firing order and valve adjustments
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.

There are no required valve adjustments unless you have disassembled the rocker arms. This engine uses hydraulic lifters which only need to be setup once and then they are service free. Let me know if you need to know how to set them up and I will get you that info. As far as the firing order goes. Here is an illustration showing the exacts.

Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have disassembled the rockers i removed the pushrods i would love the info on how to set up the lifters and rockers
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.

Ok, I see that is listed now in your original question. Sorry that did not show up when I answered your question. There is a lag in the system here and sometimes is causes problems like this. Anyway here is what you are going to need to do to setup the rocker arms.

The intake pushrods and exhaust pushrods are different lengths. To distinguish the different pushrods, paint has been used, although this paint may be hard to identify after prolonged use. The intake pushrods are color-coded orange and are 6 in. (152mm) long. The exhaust pushrods are color-coded blue and are 63/8 in. (162mm) long.

When installing the rocker arms, balls and pushrod assemblies, coat their bearing surface with prelube(NNN) NNN-NNNNor equivalent. Make sure to install these components in the locations from which they were removed.

1. Install the pushrods in their original location, making sure they seat in the lifter sockets.

2. Install the rocker arms and ball, then tighten the nuts to 14-20 ft. lbs. (19-27 Nm).