GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Me how to install the rear wheelhouse liners on my 2008 silverado

Can you tell me how to install the rear wheelhouse liners on my 2008 silverado?
WelcomeCustomer Are these GM liners? These truck don't come with rear liners. Please let me know so I can help you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The liners are gm and were purchased at a chevy dealer.
I need to do some looking. I have never heard of these. I will get back to you shortly.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
GM part # XXXXX
OK, I had a chat with the parts man and he indicated these are a GM accessory. The manual does not show them, but the install time is 0.5 for both. Part guy also indicated they use a 2 piece push pin like the front wheel liners. I looked at one unit and it has holes that look like the ones used for the fronts. I had not heard of these until you mentioned them so I am curious. I have one tip before you install them. Get a couple of cans of undercoat, and spray the inside, (Wheel side) of them. We have been doing this on the fronts to prevent them from breaking when rocks and such hit them.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

There are 7 holes in the liners and only 4 holes in the truck. Do the 3 other holes require screws or just leave them empty? Also, do you need to remove the wheels? Do you know the size of the push pins?

I have found instructions with great pictures. HERE is the PDF document. It has the part numbers for the retainers and tips.