Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

2004 GMC: wire in an ignition switch

I need to wire in an ignition switch for a 2004 GMC Sierra Pickup. There are 3 wires that I dont know where they go.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
This should be a 7 wire connector. Can you tell me what color wires you have left?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yello Red Black
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.

Ok, I do not see black listed. Is this possible brown? Here is what i have got for this connector.

Object Number: 857016  Size: CH

Connector Part Information

10400853490
7-Way F Kostal N Series (BLK)

Pin

Wire Color

Circuit No.

Function

A

BRN

4

Accessory Voltage

B

RED/WHT

342

Battery Positive Voltage

C

PNK

3

Ignition 1 Voltage

D

YEL

5

Crank Voltage

E

WHT

1390

Off/Run/Crank Voltage

F

RED

142

Battery Positive Voltage

G

ORN

300

Ignition 3 Voltage

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I do not see any of those wires. The part is called EA P Lock Cylinder. There are 3 wires sticking out. Red Black and Yellow.

Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.

Ok, then it sounds like you are trying to wire the passlock sensor. Here is that info.

Object Number: 812599  Size: CH

Connector Part Information

50579403
3-Way F Molex 70066F Series (BLK)

Pin

Wire Color

Circuit No.

Function

1

YEL

1836

Security System Sensor Signal

2

BLK

1835

Low Reference

3

RED/WHT

812

12 Volt Reference

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
From left to right, what are the color order.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
I hate to do that to you. If you have the connector flipped it will end up backwards. I will try though. If you hold the retainer side of the connector up, you should see a alignment peg on the lower side in between #1 and #2. At this point you would need to go Yellow, Black, Red with white stripe. If you click the link under the illustration it will blow the illustration up so that you can see how this is wired.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Every thing works but we cant get the truck to start. We wired it in correctly but can't get the truck to start. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.

Ok, after this is rewired, you are going to have to do a relearn on the theft system. barring that this is all hooked up correctly the vehicle should start after this procedure. Here is what you need to try.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience: ASE CERTIFICATION