Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician

How do I change out starter solenoid in 2006 Chevy Colorado

How do I change out starter solenoid in 2006 Chevy Colorado crew cab?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
4wd or 2wd?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
All I have done is located it and tomorrow I was going to go buy one and attempt to change it . I've been under the car found out where it was, and see it is located in a tight spot so I was wondering how I go about it. LIke take off the driver side tire etc.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

I done one last week. The repair instruction says to remove the intake. Thats a lot of work.I did not remove the intake when i replaced it.

Jack up the truck so that the suspension hangs down. Remove the tire, and the plastic wheel well shild. And of course disconect the battery. From the little space there you can do it. I had to remove the knock sensor. and there is a bracket and an a/c hose in the way you have to work around if I remember. It is tight,But it can be done. Took me about 40 minutes but that was my first one.