Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION

The fan stopped working in my 05 escalade. No air comes out

The fan stopped working in my '05 escalade. No air comes out with A/C or heat on. The fuses look good, where is the fan and how hard is it to replace?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.

This is not a simple failure on this model. If you can verify voltage and ground at the motor, yes this would be a problem with the motor itself. There are other components such as the blower motor control module, and the HVAC controller that can also cause for this problem and simple wire tests will not diagnose these items. Here is where the blower motor is located. Here is what you will need to do to access the blower motor. Let me know if you have any questions on testing for this problem! Good luck!

Object Number: 476821  Size: SH

• If equipped, remove the underdash sound insulator panel.
  • Remove the blower motor insulating cover screws.
  • Disconnect the electrical connector from the blower motor.
  • Remove the blower motor insulating cover.
    Object Number: 382501  Size: SH

• Pull the retaining tab down while turning the blower motor counterclockwise in order to disengage the blower motor from the heater/ventilation module.
    Object Number: 382496  Size: SH
  • Customer: replied 5 years ago.
    Thanks for a quick answer, I didn't really get much at all out of that picture of where the fan is located though. Do you have any experience replacing the motor in this model? If so would I start taking apart the center console? or plastic from under the steering wheel? Also if you have any of the wiring diagram of the system. The complete wiring diagram would be awesome, but even if you just know what each pin on the connector going to the motor would help. Or troubleshooting steps would also be awesome.
    Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
    No problem. The actual placement of the blower motor is under the passenger side dash. If you have the underdash sound insulator, you must drop that to get to the motor. I can get you a wiring schematic, but I will need to know if this has auto or manual climate control?
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

auto, didn't know there was a manual option on escalades.

You enter a temp and press auto, the A/C and heat both turn on and adjust how high it is on based on the temp

Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.

Actually I did not either, but they list that in the manual. That may also cover the chevy and gmc models too. I just figured I would ask to be certain. Here is a schematic of the blower motor control. Keep in mind that the blower speed control from the hvac control to the blower motor control module utilizes a voltage signal to control the blower motor. The correct way to verify this requires you to use a scan tool to verify the speed control parameter from the hvac control. Then you simply need to test that wire from the blower motor control processor to the hvac control for high resistance. Feel free to contact me with any further questions! Good luck!

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: FS

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
    Thanks for all the help, one more thing. Where is the HVAC control? and simply putting +12 DC and GND directly on the fan will make the fan move, right? and is the blower control mounted right there connected to the blower. Actually that was 4 things.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.
    Sorry for a million questions, I'll hit accept right after this. I just noticed that if I turn on the rear air from the driver seat nothing happens. If you turn on the rear air from the rear then everything works fine. What is different from the front to the back? Are they seperate HVAC controls? or seperate fans?
    Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 5 years ago.
    Sorry for the delay. The hvac control is the actual dash mounted display and so on. The blower control module is located right next to the blower motor. The rear system does have a seperate blower motor and blower motor control processor. Let me know if you have further questions!
    Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
    Experience: ASE CERTIFICATION