2006 Pontiac G6: gas time..the gas pump clicks off

I have a 2006 Pontiac G6. Ever since I bought it, I have had trouble with the gas tank. If I let the gas level get below a quarter of a tank (and sometimes I'm too poor to fill up right away), the next time I try to fill up, the gas pump clicks off, as if the tank is already full. It's as if there's too much pressure in the tank. My dealer seems to think I'm crazy and told me that it wasn't happening (but it still does). Please help -- what can I do?

Does this problem exist when the fuel level is higher than the quarter tank mark? Or is this only when the fuel level gets low?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It happens up until about the half-tank mark. It's really obvious at the quarter-tank or lower mark. I counted once, and it took me 22 clicks to get it to a point where I could fill the tank.

There has not been a common problem with this on your model. There are not bulletins or anything in regards XXXXX XXXXX being a common occurrence so really this leaves a few things to look at. Here are items that can cause for this type of problem.

Evaporative emission (EVAP) canister restricted
EVAP vent valve stuck closed
Hose between canister and canister vent solenoid twisted or kinked
High fuel temperature
Ignition switch ON, vent valve closed
Fuel filler hose is kinked

A few of these items are visual type inspections that the dealer should be doing to verify your problem. I understand your frustration and I would really recommend pursuing your dealer a bit more. This is not an uncommon problem and further testing will be required. It seems like they do not want to get into this problem to fix your concern. if they are unwilling to work with you, I would advise contacting Pontiac customer service assistance at 1-800-762-2737. They take this type of situation very serious. I hope this helps! Feel free to contact me with any questions Good luck!