goodwrench9124
goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified
5720312

WIRING DIAGRAM..A FACTORY DELPHI DELCO..PART NUMBER..ANOTHER CAR

I NEED A WIRING DIAGRAM TO HOOK UP A FACTORY DELPHI DELCO AM/FM/XM/CD PART NUMBER 15196055 INTO ANOTHER CAR. THERE ARE TWO PLUG IN THE BACK OF THE RADIO AND I HAVE THE PLUG-INS AND ABOUT 12" OF WIRE TO USE. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT COLOR WIRE GOES TO WHAT.
Hello, and welcome to JA!!! what vehicle are you putting this radio in??? the reason I ask, this radio from the 04 truck is a class two radio, which needs the vin number programmed into the radio for the vehicle it goes in, to work correctly. what to make sure this radio will work in the vehicle you are putting it in.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not exactly sure what year the radio is but it looks just like the one from my 04 Z71. I bought it from a salvage yard. I am wanting to put it into my RV. It has the part number 15196055 on the side along with several other numbers. The vin number is XXXXX if i need it.
Ok, what year RV are you putting it in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is a 2000 25 ft 5th wheel. It is pre-wired for another 12v unit but I have removed that unit. All that I have remaining in the RV is the power source, speakers, and the speaker wires. I am wanting to hook this radio up to those wires, that's all.

Ok, I understand what you are trying to do. the radio you have from the 04 truck, is a class two type radio. what this means, in order for this radio to work, it has to see the vin number from a class two module like a BCM. if it doesnt see this the vin number and doestnt match the radio, the radio will show locked and wont work. just trying to save you some work. here is how the radio works.

If there is anything you dont understand, please ask me to explain.

The theft deterrent system is a feature on all base and uplevel radios. There is no need to program a security code into the radio as in past model years. The theft deterrent system now utilizes class 2 serial data to determine if the radio is in the appropriate vehicle. Each time the radio receives the run power mode message, it compares the VIN information it has stored to the VIN information received from a module on the class 2 serial data circuit responsible for transmitting that information. If a mis-match occurs, the radio display will indicate to the user the radio is locked. Once this takes place, a DTC will set, the radio will not respond to any button presses and become inoperative. The 2 scenarios able to cause this condition are:

A radio is installed from another vehicle.
A module which communicates on the class 2 serial data circuit which supplies VIN information to the radio is replaced and not properly setup with the correct VIN information for that vehicle.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So how can I make it work in the RV?
that is the the problem. unfortually you cannot not make this radio work in your vehicle. you will need to find a older radio, you will have to use a 02 or older radio.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Does Dodge or Ford have the same issue? If so, what years are safe to use?

Thanks for your support.

not sure about the fords or Dodge, I am pretty much all GM tech. but you can use just about any gm radio between 98 to 02, these radio use a different method of theft deterent systems. these radio's can be unlocked by a simple code punched in by the radio preset buttons.