Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician

Both my remote entry fobs for my 2004 Silverado quit working..blown

both my remote entry fobs for my 2004 Silverado quit working at the same time. I have replaced batteries and tried reprogramming to no avail. It is like a fuse is blown. When I consulted the owners manual it shows a 20A fuse for the door controls. However when I look in the panel there is no fuse clip in the place where the fuse should go.    The electric door locks on the door panels still work. Anything else I can try?
Can you roll the passenger window down by the drivers side switch?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Dan, I can. Both window switches work fine. I can't find anything else that isn't working. Just the door remotes. They both quit functioning abruptly at the same time. I use mine the day before no problem. My wife had used hers two days prior. When mine did not work, I tried hers and it would not work either.

OK if you are sure the key fobs are good,batteries are in the correct way. And they didn't program (if your sure you programed right). The passenger door module is probably bad. The dealer has a key fob tester( I think I saw one at autozone one time) you could make sure the key fobs are good. You could try unhooking both battery cables, and touch both ends together for 30 seconds and reconnect them. That will reset the entire system and you could try to reprogram the remotes.If all fails replace the passenger door module. Here are the programing instructions for the remotes:

Method 1 - No Tools Required, Program All Transmitters

Important: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter.

The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only; #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.

1. Close all the vehicle doors.
  2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
  3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
  4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
  5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
  6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
  7. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
  8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
  9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

If I bought a new remote entry system with remote start, would that fix the problem or would I still need to replace the passenger door module?

That is an opinion, I don't like them because i have to diagnose these trucks with these remote starts causing weird symptoms. But thats my opinion. I see a lot of people use them.

I would try the unhooking the battery first. And most dealers would check those transmitters for free.