ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

1999 monte carlo: replace m heater core

Customer Question

I have to replace m heater core in a 1999 monte carlo, can you help me with instructions and tell me if I need any special tools.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 8 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer!

This job isn't that bad, you have to get to it behind the glove box.. But for the most part, it goes pretty quick, usually. The job calls for 2.3 hours of labor, and here are the instructions you asked for.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The answer that i received was very limited and completely useless. There was no mention of the air bags or security system or the special tool needed to disconnect the consoles or the codes for the lock system needed to disconnect the power for the air bags. also no mention of the o-rings that go to the heater core. Therefore I do not except our answer. Also You would have to be a genie to read the scematics. Yours truly Brad.
Well, I hate to see we wasted eachother's time.

The instructions do not say anything about having to mess with any kind of air bag system, because it is not required to do so.

Anyways, thanks for asking.