ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

95 chevy blazer: runs fine..stall..rpms..a throttle positioning senser

Hi I have a 95 chevy blazer that has a rough idle to no idle.First when you start it up it runs rough at a low idle.When you drive it down the street or step on the gas it runs fine.When you step on the brake the idle drops right down and wants to stall so you have to have one foot on the gas to keep the rpms up and the other on the brake.I put a new sending unit in and fuel pump I also put a throttle positioning senser in and the other senser buy the choke.its a 4.3 vortex motor.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 5 years ago.
Hello.. which sensor did you change??

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

idle contrlo and map senser

For the IAC, there is a reset procedure...

Here is a copy of how to do it:
graphic

If this has been done, let me know.
Also..is the engine light on?
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience: +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay i just did what you said to do it didnt work still runs ruff.the check engine light only comes on if i drive it for a while but when i shut my truck off the light doesnt come back on and sometimes it wont start right away i also took it to get the code out of it but the aouto stores computer doent go back that far
OK, does the diagnostic connector under the dash have pins in the same positions as this one?

graphic

Also, how long has it been on the ignition system tuneup?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no they do not i just put plugs and wires in it last month
Unfortunately, this engine needs to be hooked to a scantool, and someone who knows how to use it.

I will have to opt out of this one, because I am not familiar with a way to get anything out of this system, without using a scantool.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

okay thanks for your help i was hopeing to avoid that