Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector

code PO449, EVAP Emission Control System Vent Vlv/Sol Malf,

Customer Question

code:PO449, EVAP Emission Control System Vent Vlv/Sol Malf, what is this, and where is this located on my 2005 suburban.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Billy replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to just answer.

P0449 is a evap vent solenoid related code. If your suburban has a 4.8L, 5.3L or 6.0L engine, then the solenoid is located close to the frame rail next to the gas tank.
If it has a 8.1l engine, then it is located next to the evap canister.
The EVAP vent solenoid valve controls fresh airflow into the EVAP canister. The valve is normally open. The control module commands the valve ON, closing the valve during some EVAP tests, allowing the system to be tested for leaks.

Object Number: 334914  Size: MF

(1)Left Frame Rail
(2)Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Canister Vent Solenoid
(3)Fuel Tank
(4)Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Canister
Dtc P0449 doesn't mean that the actual problem is a malfunctioning vent valve. The actual diagnostic procedure is extensive and requires special tools, and it would be very hard to follow the necessary diagnosis without the proper equipment.

I hope this information will help you.
Best regards,