GMTechBernard
GMTechBernard, Shop Foreman - GM World Class Tech
Experience:  GM
6758627

How do you set the clock in 2004 Monte Carlo?

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bob replied 6 years ago.

Depends a lot on the particular radio that you have in the car, base unit or up level with added extra goodies. Below are some basics for you. See if this info helps. Thanks

Radio Features

Controls

All Radios

Power

Push the PWR/VOL knob to turn the radio on.

Volume

The volume is adjusted by rotating the PWR/VOL knob.

Speed Compensated Volume (SCV)

Press the AUTO VOL button. The available settings are OFF, LOW, MEDIUM, and HIGH.

Tune

Turn the TUNE/DISP knob.

Seek

Momentarily press the SEEK/SCAN button.

Scan

Hold the SEEK/SCAN button at least 2 seconds.

Presets

Six AM, Six FM1 and Six FM2. Six XM1 and Six XM2 if equipped with U2K.

Preset Saving

Press and hold desired button until an audible beep is heard.

Preset Seek

Steering Wheel Control only

Preset Scan

Hold the SEEK/SCAN button at least 4 seconds.

Set Clock

Press and hold the HR or MN button until an audible beep indicates the time set mode has been entered. Once the beep is heard, the time can be set by tapping each button to incrementally adjust the time. Holding down each button will rapidly change the time.

Recall

Push the TUNE/DISP knob.

Mute

Steering Wheel Control only

Fade or Balance

Push and release the AUDIO knob until fade or balance appears in the display and adjust by rotating the AUDIO knob.

Bass, Treble or Midrange

Push and release the AUDIO knob until bass, mid, or treb appears in the display and adjust by rotating the AUDIO knob.

Programmable Equalizer

Press the AUTO TONE button to cycle through the preset equalization settings.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
on the panel controls there are none marked for HR and min are there substitutes for this?

Expert:  Bob replied 6 years ago.
Let me take a look in the book and see what they show. Back in a few. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Bob replied 6 years ago.

URGH! Hate to have to say it, but in the whole GM service manual, they do not show a picture of the face plate of the radio. So, I don't know what to tell you. Really makes me feel silly after trying to answer your question with what I thought was an easy answer and and easy fix. I am going to opt out of the question for you, so the other fellows here will know you still need help. I will then send a pm to a couple of guys who nay have something that they can post to show you. Really sorry, be patient and someone will get back to you soon. Thanks

Expert:  GMTechBernard replied 6 years ago.

Assuming the radio is factory, Bob is 100% correct on the procedure.

The HR and MN buttons should be on the very bottom left of the radio. They are hard to see because they are not illuminated, below the "Tune DISPL" knob and are the same color as the faceplate. Here is a picture of the radio that is supposed to be in your car. Please confirm this is what you have!

graphic

If this helps, please give the accept to Bob!

Experience: GM