Mr_Wrench
Mr_Wrench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  24yr gm Drivability & Electrical
11979730

blazer blend door motor gear

Customer Question

blazer blend door motor gear
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 6 years ago.
Hello! What is the problem with the gear/motor?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
gear cracked, want to replace it
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 6 years ago.
Is this a s10 blazer? I show that the mode blend door is a vacumn acuator. Or is this a full side blazer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Actually it is a blend door motor, already removed it and openened it up to reveal the cracked gear. Yes it is a S-10 LT with climate control
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 6 years ago.

Is it on the drivers side under the dash?That runs the defroster/ vent / floor air control?

Defroster Valve Actuator Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the left side instrument panel sound insulator. Refer to Instrument Panel Sound Insulator Replacement in Interior Trim.
  2. Disconnect the park brake release cable from the park brake assembly. Refer to Park Brake Release Cable Replacement in Brakes.
  3. Remove the knee bolster. Refer to Knee Bolster Replacement in Interior Trim.
  4. Remove the center instrument panel sound insulator. Refer to Instrument Panel Sound Insulator Replacement in Interior Trim.
  5. Remove the vacuum connectors from the defroster valve.
  6. Remove the defroster valve from the heater case.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the defroster valve if removed.
  2. Install the vacuum connectors to the defroster valve.
  3. Install the center instrument panel sound insulator. Refer to Instrument Panel Sound Insulator Replacement in Interior Trim.
  4. Install the knee bolster. Refer to Knee Bolster Replacement in Interior Trim.
  5. Connect the park brake release cable from the park brake assembly. Refer to Park Brake Release Cable Replacement in Brakes.
  6. Install the left side instrument panel sound insulator. Refer to Instrument Panel Sound Insulator Replacement in Interior Trim.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No. The blend door actuator motor is on the top of the heater core box on the passenger side, behind the glove box
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 6 years ago.
Ok That is the tempature valve, I can't find any instructions for the valve inside the case, You have to pull the case and split it to install the valve assy. Do you want instructions to remove the case assy. It is a big job, book time was 8.5 hours.If that will help I can get those for you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, we must not be on the same page. "1998 S10 Chevrolet Blazer LT - 4.3 V-Tech engine, with climate control"- I have already gone through replacing the heater core. Now all I get is heat, have removed the dash again and removed the " blend door actuator ", which is a motor that sits on top of the heater core case on the left hand side, behind the glove box. I have opened the case and have found that the large gear inside is cracked, I want to replace the gear only and would like info on getting it. Thanks
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry I can't help with this, You have done the hard part already,You will have to go the dealer to get the part. I looked online can't find a part number.sorry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your time
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 6 years ago.

your welcome

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other
I really didn't get my question answered, I have been able to identify the part as a blend door actuator. I have opened it up to find a broken gear,and instead of replacing the entire unit for app. $200.00 dollars.... I would rather replace the gear. I am trying to get some info on getting the part. The units part # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Mr_Wrench replied 6 years ago.

You need to see if dealer can find it.