Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Truck Technician,24 Years GM Shop Foreman,Fully Trained GM Trucks Light and Heavy.
10688023

1991 GMC 350CI FUEL INJECTED STARTS THAN FLOODS

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer The first thing that comes to mind, is a faulty coolant temp sensor.This would be easier to diag. with a scanner.When the sensor goes bad, It could read something like -40 degrees , and make the engine over fuel.This sensor is mounted next to the thermostat housing on the intake manifold.(right next to the upper radiator hose at the engine). I would start there. Good luck...Gary
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THIS IS TBI COULD IT BE FUEL PRESUR REGULATOR.LOOKING AT INJECTORS WHEN FIRST STARTING,LOOKS LIKE A WATTERFALL.THANK YOU RICK
Expert:  Gary replied 8 years ago.
I do not think so. If the sensor is bad, it will flood out.Scan it before you replace the regulator.Good luck...Gary
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
NO SCANNER,WHERE DID YOU SAY THE SENSOR IS LOCATED,WHERE DOES THE WIRE FROM SENSOR TO CARB CONECT,ALSO GARY .I HAVE A CONVERSION VAN SAME SET UP OPPISITE PROBLEM,NEW FUEL PUMP,CLEAN TANK ,NEW FILTER,NO FUEL TO INJECTORS GARY I WILL PAY MORE FOR ANSWER.THANK YOU RICK LAUZE XXX-XXX-XXXX
Expert:  Gary replied 8 years ago.
The location info is at the top of this page, for the other one, I would check the injector wiring for a pulse while you crank. If you take a test light, and jump it across the 2 wires for one of the injectors,It should flash when you crank. If it flashes, you have a loss of fuel pressure.If it does not flash, and there is 12 volts to one side of the injector, you may have a possible ignition module issue.(in distributor) If you have any other questions, please ask. Thanks...Gary
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
PAY GARY $20.00. GARY IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS I HOPE TO TALK TO YOU.LET ME KNOW HOW? THANK YOU RICK