ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

99 chevy suburban 5.7L engine starts then dies after 1 or 2 seconds

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.
It sounds like a security problem, is the security light flashing?
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.
I did not say it was the problem I said it sounds like the problem and asked if the light was flashing, I am still willing to help if you retract your negative feedback.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
sorry to be so irrtable but I have had a lot of stupid answers from tec support and management. no DTC's the security light comes on as normal the engine runs normal for like almost 2 seconds. GM has some falesafe set ups for the fuel pump relay the puls from the ignition pick up coil witch rule out because it runs secondary would be the oil pressure sending unit or the fuel pump pressure sending switch. If the security system was interfering would it run at all? in my past experience the security system shutthe ignition system down and there was no spark. yea I will take back the negative it is just hard to find anyone not trying to beat you out of your money. I got charged $6.99 shipping and handlig for a Mac pic I bought for .99 you know the ones the size of a pen. anyway any help would be appreciated. It is 10:14pm so tomorrow is a new day. Thanks James now I find out I was charged $9.00 for you to ask me a questionand tell me what it sounded like.
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.
You do not need to accept my answer if you do not like it so the 9:00 charge was because you accepted the answer you did not like, I only gave that answer because that is a very common problem with these vehicles. I will continue to help after you retract the negative feedback.