GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2000 GMC Yukon: Security light..light wont..my keyless entry remote

My 2000 GMC Yukon Security light won't go off and will not let me start the car. Also, my keyless entry remote will not work.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 8 years ago.

WelcomeCustomer Here is the process for relearning the security system. Chances are good you need to replace the passlock sensor, which is part of the ignition cylinder housing. Please ask if you need more information. Thanks.

30 Minute Re-Learn Procedure

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes ( the vehicle is now ready to relearn the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

Important: The vehicle learns the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password).
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The security light flashes on and then the batter light comes on right behind it. it flashes on and off. What do I do next?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Optional Information:
2000 Yukon SLT Vortec 5300 V8

Already Tried:
The security light will not go off and the keyless transmitter will not work. Also, the car will not start. How do I reset the security system to get the car started or how do I override the security to get the car started?

Also, can anyone call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX cell. I am stuck with the truck not working.