Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech. 20+ years experience. 9 years self employed. Expert on AUTOLAB Radio Show

1995 blazer: s10..the hoses coming off the transfer case vacuum switch

Customer Question

I have a s10 1995 blazer the hoses coming off the transfer case vacuum switch were cut have no idea where they go dose any one have diagram
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ivan replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer I hope these help.

Your JA Expert,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
In the diagram it shows the three lines coming from the switch on the transfer switch but the lines on my blazer were cut . do you have a picture or another drawing. the switch has two small connections for hoses and one larger
Expert:  Ivan replied 8 years ago.

I don't have a better picture but if the only lines that should be in question are the 2 smaller lines. If you look at the bottom picture it shows the 3 lines at the switch. I believe the large line goes to the actuator on the front differential. That leaves the 2 smaller lines. If you blow through the switch when in 2 wd. you should have flow between 2 terminals. One of those will be the vacuum supply and 1 should be the vent. If you start the car, you will have vacuum present at one of them. That is your vacuum supply line. The other line should be open to the atmosphere. Guess on the placement for the 2 smaller lines. Switch it to 4wd. You should get vacuum on the larger hose. If you don't switch the 2 smaller hoses and recheck.