frank
frank, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,24 years of Chevroler/GM experience and training .ASE Recertified Master Tech,
1816887

1975 Chevy: pickup..brake lights..turn signals..bulbs

Customer Question

I have a 1975 Chevy step side pickup. The tail lights and brake lights have stopped working, the turn signals are working fine. I checked all the fuses , bulbs and connections under the truck and cannot seem to find the issue. What am i missing?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  frank replied 8 years ago.
The stop mlights and turn signals are the same bulbs and circuits-they split at the trunsinal switch thru the hazard part of the trunsignals switch.As far as tail lights you need a test light to see if you have power to the rear-the turn signals could be grounding thru the tail lamps.Other wise the wiring warness on the v8s would burn at the fire wall.Also with the age of the truck water could have gotten into the bulkhead connector and corroded a terminal.