ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

2003 chevy suburban service airbag light, what does it mean

Customer Question

2003 chevy suburban service airbag light, what does it mean?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 8 years ago.
The only way to know for sure what it is trying to tell you is to have the control module scanned for trouble codes. This can only be done with a scantool (VERY EXPENSIVE piece of equipment).. This is not the free code reader that autozone hooks to your car to read codes.

Anyways, without having a clue what the codes are, the only thing I can say about the situation is the clock springs in the steering column (that supply power to the driver side air bag in the steering wheel... is the only moving part in the system, therefore, the most likely to fail... But that is still (even at bets), just a guess.

I can tell you, that if you get the codes, I can give instructions on the proper diagnosis and repair procedures on your air bag system.

I suggest getting it tended to ASAP, because the light is on, telling you that the air bags will not deploy if they are needed..

Anyways, if you still need anything I'm here. Laughing