michael
michael, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 ASE Cert.; over 20 yrs. exp./18 with GM
10669957

Brake lights do not work on my 2003 chevy silverado. The cab

Customer Question

Brake lights do not work on my 2003 chevy silverado. The cab brake light does work
Category: Chevy
Expert:  michael replied 8 years ago.

hello. below i've added a schematic for the stop lamps. according to the schematic... if the high mounted stop light works... then the fuse for the rear lamps should be checked. (15amp fuse in the I/P fuse block) if that fuse is good... and it has power at the fuse with the brakes applied... then the issue has to be between the fuse and the rear lights. also according to the schematics there is a "block" at the rear of the vehicle where the tail lamp harness plugs into... power should be checked there on the light blue wire, going into that "block", when the brakes are applied. also checked on the light blue wires going to the tail lamps themselves.

IF it has power at all those wires... then check the connectors/sockets for the tail lamps... if there is power at the sockets... then the sockets may be damaged and not supplying a ground for the lamps and will need to be replaced.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: FS