GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Hi, I have a 1993 Chevrolet Silverado 5.7 L 2WD. I was initially

Hi, I have a 1993 Chevrolet Silverado 5.7 L 2WD. I was initially having a problem with the AC not blending from floor to vent to defrost. The AC would blow out cold air in the floor and vent. I took it to a local repair shop who replaced the AC control module and and I believe the blend door actuator. Of note the original AC control module had the recirculation MAX feature and the replacement did not have the MAX button. This did fix the blower directional problem. However, when I received the truck back I found that the AC would only blow out hot air. The freon level is good. Now the shop is saying that I presumably have a bad heater door actuator. But, this was not an issue before they started the repair work. So, my question is does their explanation seem plausible? The new AC control module does not have the recirculation button - is this an issue? Also, if heater door actuator door was controlling hot to cold prior to them starting the repair, should I accept more charges?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 8 years ago.
WelcomeCustomer In my opinion, based on what you have told me, they have probably installed the wrong controller. If the AC worked prior to them replacing this and now it does not, them its a 99% chance the repair you just had done is the cause of your current issues. I would only pay the difference in the controllers if it does turn out they installed the wrong one. Other than that, no. Good luck and please let me know how this turns out. I hope it is in your favor. If you were at my shop, it would be.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

That sounds good. I will tell them that I want the correct controller with the recirculation feature installed and then go from there. Can you tell me where the heater door actuator is located on the 93 Silverado?