Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

Take to tune up my 2003 chevy venture van, with a 3.4 liter engine

what does it take to tune up my 2003 chevy venture van, with a 3.4 liter engine
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Generally a major tune up on this model and engine would require an air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, pcv valve, and passenger compartment air filter. You may also want to take a look at the automatic transmission fluid to see if the fluid is clean. If the fluid does not seem to be a clean red color, you may also want to figure on doing a transmission service which would require a transmission filter kit and fluid. As I stated, this would be a major tune up. Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did everything on your list, except change the plugs and wires. I guess i should have stated that, but before i tackle that, is it a tough job to do, and is it worth doing on my own?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Yes this can be rather difficult. The rear spark plugs are not easily reached. To gain access to them you must rotate the engine forward. This require removal of the air intake hose, the engine mounts that connect to the upper core support. At this point the engine can be rotated to access the rear of the engine. It is still a reach to get to the plugs, but it makes it much easier. Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!