Greg A
Greg A, Master Troubleshooter
Experience:  Working with Electronics & Cars for 25+ Years
5229702

WIRING DIAGRAM 6 WAY POWER SEAT

Customer Question

WIRING DIAGRAM 6 WAY POWER SEAT
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Greg A replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

You might be typing it in right now, but can you tell me the Year, Make, and Model of your vehicle?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Trying to get 6 way power seats from a 2001 Silverado installed into an old (1976) Ford Super Cab Pickup truck.

Expert:  Greg A replied 6 years ago.

Hi again,

I recognize the format of your username, the following schematics should do the job.

Driver Side

graphic

Passenger Side

graphic

I would, of course, test each motor before actually mounting them in the truck.

I hope this helps,

Take Care, Greg A. (KD6NNM)

Greg A, Master Troubleshooter
Experience: Working with Electronics & Cars for 25+ Years
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks Greg.

Expert:  Greg A replied 6 years ago.

You are quite welcome (Barry?).

Please let me know how your project works out.

73, Greg A.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Greg,

Thanks again for your help. I screwed up my courage and connected +12V to the ORG and BLK wires in the connector in the front of the seat, and, lo and behold, the seat motors worked. The UP/DOWN, FRONT/BACK, TILT switches worked and the motors spun.

It must be a memory seat, because there is a 4-way switch (kinda round) at the back of the switch panel which is non-functional, and a rectangular box under the seat, but that's minor.

Do you happen to know the Delco connector part no for the main connector in the front (the connector where the voltage supply comes into the seat)? I'd like to get a matching half to the connector that is already there to get the +12V and GND to it.

Thanks again 73's W9JBL

Expert:  Greg A replied 6 years ago.

Can you tell me how many pins (or holes) are on that connector?

Also, is this the driver or passenger side seat?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A replied 6 years ago.

Here is the part number for that 8-pin connector. You may have to call or visit a dealer parts counter to find the other side of this connector. Or if you know a VERY GOOD parts store, there may be a cross-reference.

graphic

Good Luck, Greg A.

Greg A, Master Troubleshooter
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ah! I think I must have the "Memory" seat. Here's a foto of the connector. Driver's side.

w9jblgraphic

Expert:  Greg A replied 6 years ago.

Hi again.

Nice Picture. Maybe a couple more will help identify exactly which seat we are dealing with here.

I have sent along a PDF file that shows all of the power seat connectors for a 2001 Silverado. I have highlighted the name of the connector that I think this is, but I am not 100% sure, without looking at the wire colors coming out of the other side, and checking them against the diagram. The shape doesn't look exactly right either, but this might be the other mating connector (in the diagram).

I also noticed that a couple of pins in your connector are omitted. That might be intentional because those signals may not be used in that particular seat. Check out the document against the connectors you have and let me know what you think.

Power seat connectors

Maybe we can even figure out how to make the "memory" function work!

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A, Master Troubleshooter
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

http://picasaweb.google.com/w9jbldekalb/Seat?authkey=LlCbXGTP6b8

I went crazy with the camera. Hope you can make some sense out of it.

w9jbl

Expert:  Greg A replied 6 years ago.

I gave those a quick look, and will look at them more when I get a chance.

But I did want to ask you: "How sure are you about the vehicle this seat came out of"?

As I mentioned above, the connector does not look to be a 100% match for this particular year, according to the documents I have. But it is also a possibility that the documents I have (GM service stuff) are in error. Sometimes that happens - that is - the documents do not match the product.

I will see if I can find more on the "Memory" seat.

Take Care, Greg A.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Not sure at all. The seats were given to my step-son and he thinks they came out of a 01 Silverado. He wanted to see if I could figure out how to hook them up for his old

'76 Ford Custom/Super Cab. That's as good as info I can give you. However, those seat ARE leather covered, and I've never seen a pickup with such luxury. I'd guess more like a Cady SUV-type.

Expert:  Greg A replied 6 years ago.

I kind of think you are right about another type vehicle. Maybe a suburban, or caddy. I am pretty sure it is at least a GM seat because of the Orange for power.

If you want to poke around and see if you can find any part numbers, like on the frame or any other hidden locations, maybe that would give us a clue.

GM part numbers are mostly 8 digit (like those connectors), so look for that. If you find some, you can try to plug them into gmpartsdirect.com, or rockauto.com (as ACDELCO), and see what comes up.

I will be traveling tomorrow, and may have limited access to my stuff. It kind of depends on my internet access where I am staying. I am starting to get ready for my trip now, so I may be off and on for the rest of the day. I will check in when I can, but don't be disappointed if I do not respond quickly.

Please let me know what you find out.