AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Check engine light..EVAP..5 ready, MISFIRE, FUEL, COMP, 02 HTR and EGR

Start with check engine light. P0452, P0452 pending,P0453 pending, MIL ON MONITRS, 4 inc, CATLYST, EVAP, SEC AIR, 02 SNSR, 5 ready, MISFIRE, FUEL, COMP, 02 HTR and EGR. needless to say this is greek to me and I need to get smog check, can u advise? I'd like to do the work myself-kinda handy w/ tools and some comprehension
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 years ago.
Code P0452-Fuel tank pressure sensor signal was low. Enabling conditions: Fuel tank pressure signal was under 0.1 volt for 5 seconds. Blocking action: This code can block the following monitors: Canister purge, misfire and fuel control, EGR and oxygen sensor monitor. Testing: The fuel tank pressure sensor signal should be 1.3 to 1.7 volts with the filler cap removed to be sure there is no pressure vacuum in the tank. If the voltage is below 1.0 volt, check for missing 5 V reference or a short to ground in the signal circuit.

Code P0453-Fuel tank pressure sensor signal was high. Enabling conditions: Ignition switch was in crank or run position. This code sets when the signal voltage is over 4.98 volts for at least 5 seconds. Blocking action: This code can block the following monitors: Canister purge, fuel control, EGR and oxygen sensor monitor. Testing: The signal voltage should be 1.3 to 1.7 volts with no vacuum or pressure in the fuel tank (remove cap to be sure). Check sensor ground if the voltage is to high, it should be under 0.050 volts. If ground is normal, disconnect the sensor and check the voltage on the signal circuit. Signal circuit voltage should be under 0.22 volts. If the open circuit signal voltage is high, check for a short to 5 volt reference or power. If the signal circuit voltage is normal, change the sensor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanx, but I have no equip for testing, let's assume the worst and the PTP snsr needs to be replaced, will this solve all other data e.g. O2 snsr and check engine light gone thus enabled smog check?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 years ago.
No. But the readiness monitors take some time to reset.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanx, but can I change the sensor with out too much problem?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 years ago.
It depends on how equipment you have. THe fuel tank will have to be lowered a few feet to gain access. If you have the right equipment, its not that hard.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanx, so the 1st critical step is to change this sensor wait for the reset and see if there are other conditions?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 years ago.
Close, only change the sensor if all the inputs to the sensor are good. Be sure there is a 5 volt referance to the sensor and a good ground. If there is, then yes, replace the sensor.

Then, yes. Clear the codes and readiness monitors and drive it around for about a day
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience: ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector