goodwrench9124
goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified
5720312

Number one cylinder position located on the distributor cap of a 350?

Where is the number one cylinder position located on the distributor cap of a 350?

Hello, and welcome to JA!! I have posted a picture of the firing order and position of number 1. looking at the picture, number 1 is highlighted black on the cap.

Please accept my answer if i was helpfull!!

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Are you sure that isn't for the 350 in the Cadillac? Because I just made the changes to my motor, and I can't get a fire. I had it running, though rough, before.
that is the correct location for a small block chevy 350. has the dist been removed and reinstalled in the engine??
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Actually, I believe that, with a closer look, the timing chain has jumped, and moved the timing off 22.5 degrees. Thank you for your help though. It'll help me get the disaster I call a truck running properly.
very possible timing chain has slipped causing the dist. not to be in the correct position.