goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified

where exactly is the pcv valve on a 2000 chevy cavalier 2.2L

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 8 years ago.

Hello, and welcome to JA!!! this engine does not have a replaceable pcv valve. it uses a oil seperator inside the valve cover. here is how the system works.

Please accept my answer if I was helpful!!!

Crankcase Ventilation System Description

General Description

A crankcase ventilation system is used to provide scavenging of the crankcase vapors. Blow-by gases are passed through a crankcase ventilation oil/air separator into the air cleaner outlet resonator. The oil/air separator is inside the valve rocker arm cover and allows any scavenged oil to be returned to the crankcase.

The only flow through the oil/air separator is the combustion blow-by, as there is no fresh air inlet to the crankcase. The primary flow of blow-by into the separator is through the openings inside the valve rocker arm cover. The oil/air separator causes oil, which may be suspended in the blow-by gases, to be separated and drain back to the crankcase. The blow-by gases are then drawn into the air cleaner outlet resonator by normal engine vacuum and burned in the combustion process.