Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering

Blazer: relay..the fuel pump when the ignition is activated, ECM fuses

My 1987 K5 Blazer won''t start. The fuel pump, ECM and relay have been changed to no avail. There''s no sound from the fuel pump when the ignition is activated, ECM fuses are ok. There doesn''t seem to be any power going to the fuel pump. Is there another fuse and where is it located? Please advise. Thanks, Sam
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

You will want to make sure that there is power at the "A" terminal of the fuel pump relay, at all times. If not, then there is a fuse link that (if I remember correctly) comes off the starter, which powers the fuel pump relay. The wire color should be orange.

Then, the dark green and white wire should get power, (from the ECM) for 2 seconds when the key is turned on. Terminal "D"

The black wire with white strip, (terminal F) should be grounded all the time. And the terminal "E" will feed the fuel pump. That wire is either tan w/white or on some it will be pink and black. Let me see if I can find a diagram that may help you to find the power loss.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hopefully you have the diagram you mentioned,it could be most helpful.

The only one that i am able to copy doesn't show the fuse link and the colors are a little different, (it's a generic one for GM trucks) the theory is still the same though. You just want to be sure that there is power at all times to the relay, (with key off) and that the ECM is powering it for the 2 seconds.

Let me try this one. Yours would be the bottom one, (c/k)