RussMasterTech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  19 years of GM Dealership experience. ASE Master with L1 and GM Master Certified in Electrical

Pontiac Montana mini-van

Need to reset radio code, so my radio will work.

Can you tell me if this is the original radio? Has any other work been done to the van prior to it not working? What does the radio display? Does it say "locked"?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The radio does say "locked" on the display. It's a Delphi Delco Electronics Theft Lock (the theft lock light is on too) & is in a 2002 Pontiac Montana Mini-Van. We bought the car used & the radio has been locked since we unplugged the battery. We can't get in touch with the previous owners to obtain the code & we don't have a user manualLet me know if you need more information.

The radio you have in that van is an RDS radio. This means that there is no theft lock code to enter. It gets it's information from another module in the vehicle. If it says locked, it is getting a conflicting vin number from what is stored in its memory to what is seeing now. You will need to take it to a dealer and have them relearn or reset up the radio theft lock so that the vin numbers match again. There is nothing you can do yourself.

If the dealer can't set up the radio, there may be a problem with the radio or the module that supplies the information to the radio is not communicating the information the radio needs.

Hope the helps.

If this "Answer" was helpful, please make sure to click the "Accept" button so I may receive credit for assisting you. Positive feedback would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for using Just Answer.