Scott K
Scott K, ASE Master Tech/Instructor
Experience:  20 yrs Experience; GM factory Training ASE Master Certified with L1 advanced engine diagnostics
9480930

Exactly where is the fuel pressure regulator

''99 Suburban K1500 5.7L
I have looked at Chilton''s manuals, and talked to "people in the know" at the parts stores, and the only answer that I am getting is that it is on the fuel rail. There isn''t a fuel rail. I have spent over an hour digging around my intake looking for something that looks like the parts pictured (3 different styles) and found nothing.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Scott K replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer

The fuel pressure regulator is located under the upper air intake plenum mounted to the injector body assembly.

graphic

Scott K, ASE Master Tech/Instructor
Experience: 20 yrs Experience; GM factory Training ASE Master Certified with L1 advanced engine diagnostics
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Scott K's Post: Thanks for the quick reply. What do I need to do to take get to it?
Expert:  Scott K replied 6 years ago.

Here are the instructions

• Disconnect the battery negative cable.
  • Remove the air cleaner assembly.
  • Remove the vacuum brake booster hose, if equipped.
  • Disconnect the throttle and cruise control cables (if equipped).
  • Remove the throttle cable bracket and set it aside.
  • Remove the following electrical connectors:
    The SCPI injector harness connector
    The canister purge solenoid
    The ignition coil
    The ignition control module (ICM)
    The generator
    The idle air control (IAC) motor
    The oxygen (O² sensor)
    The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve
    The engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor
  • Disconnect the fuel pipes from the fuel pipes.
  • Remove the distributor cap and reposition it out of the way.
  • Remove the PCV valve.
    Object Number: 179250  Size: SH

• Remove the wiring support bracket at the rear of the manifold.
  • Remove the canister purge valve.
  • Remove the studs holding the upper intake manifold.
  • Remove the upper intake manifold.
  • Clean all surfaces.

1. Object Number: 31649  Size: SH

2. Install the upper intake manifold.
    3. Install the canister purge valve.
      Object Number: 179250  Size: SH

4. Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

5. Install the wiring support bracket at the rear of the manifold.

Tighten
      Tighten the nut to 12 N·m (106 lb in).

6. Install the PCV valve.
    7. Install the distributor cap.
    8. Connect the fuel pipes to the rear of the engine.
    9. Connect the electrical connectors.
    10. Install the throttle cable bracket.
    11. Connect the throttle cable and the cruise control cable, if equipped.
    12. Install the vacuum brake booster hose, if equipped.
    13. Install the air cleaner assembly.
    14. Connect the battery negative cable.

graphic