Jesse, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 yrs dealership exp ase master tech 100% GM factory trained

2000 blazer: 4wd..dies..fuel injectors, fuel pump, crank shaft sensor

chevy 2000 blazer 4wd, starts and immediately dies, have replaced fuel injectors, fuel pump, crank shaft sensor, throttle position sensor, computer(ecm), and checked out oil pressure switch, ignition system(good fire, and the engine will start and staying running for a few minutes on injector cleaner) help!
is the security lamp on solid?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
have spent hours and several hundred dollars. I am confused about as I am also previous master certified tech 10 yrs ago
then the security system is your problem. usually it is ignition cylinder but my best suggestion is have a dealership diagnose it so they can read the codes in security system and make sure of what is at fault
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If the ignition cylender is at fault what is needed to be replaced? Can you buy the ingition cylinder seperately?

yes you can but then a theft relearn must be performed. here is that procedure. you could even try this before you replace any parts I have seen it succeed a few times.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes ( the vehicle is now ready to relearn the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

Important: The vehicle learns the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password).
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if desired (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks ever so much! It fixed the problem. Wished I knew about this site sooner-it only took several hundred dollars in parts and alot of mental anguish. I hope you're available if I have questions in the future.
anytime buddy I usually get on here every afternoon around 6 or so if possible leave feedback so the bosses know how we are doing