Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I have a 2004 chevy malibu, my check engine light has come ...

I have a 2004 chevy malibu, my check engine light has come on, i took it to the shop and they told me that code P1887 was activatied. The tourqe converter was kicking out, we replaced the cylnoid, and that did not fix it, and then we replaced the pump that activates the cylnoid and that did not work either it stills kicks out after we reach about 45 mph. What else could be wrong?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 8 years ago.
There is a technical service bulletin that states there may be problems at the transmission electrical connector, check the connector and wiring carefully. There are a great number of things that work together to make the tcc engage, the PCM, torque converter, solenoids, wiring, it could even be a bad oring going into the torque converter. The best thing is for your shop to try again to diagnose the problem or take it to another shop that has more expertise ( dealership )