Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

chevy blazer: fuel lines..fuel pump there are 2 quick connect hoses

Customer Question

what is the order the fuel lines go onto the fuel pump there are 2 quick connect hoses and 1 that is not a quick connect i think for air. it is a 01 chevy blazer 2 door
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.

The quick connect fittings are different sizes, they will not interchange.

Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dave Nova's Post: they why isnt the first quick connect line long enough to reach the second nipple on the fuel pump? the first nipple is larger then the other 2 and they are labeled with 1 letter on each one
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
Is your Blazer a two door or a four door?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.

four door.

Fuel Tank Replacement (4-Door Utility)

Removal Procedure

1. Drain the fuel from the tank. Refer to Fuel Tank Draining .
    Object Number: 747563  Size: SH
    Click here for detailed picture of above imageidth=
  2. If applicable remove the fuel tank shield (2).
    Object Number: 747554  Size: SH
  3. Loosen the fuel fill hose clamp (3) at the fuel tank (1).
  4. Disconnect the lower fuel fill hose (2) from the fuel tank (1).
  5. Disconnect the vent hoses from the fuel limiter vent valve.
  6. Disconnect the vent hose from the rollover valve at the front of the fuel tank.
    Object Number: 747556  Size: SH
  7. Disconnect the fuel pressure sensor and the fuel sender harness connectors (2, 3) from the fuel sender (1).
    Object Number: 747555  Size: SH
  8. Disconnect the fuel feed, return, and EVAP purge pipes
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.

Two door

Fuel Tank Replacement (2-Door Utility)

Removal Procedure

Caution: Unless directed otherwise, the ignition and start switch must be in the OFF or LOCK position, and all electrical loads must be OFF before servicing any electrical component. Disconnect the negative battery cable to prevent an electrical spark should a tool or equipment come in contact with an exposed electrical terminal. Failure to follow these precautions may result in personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Drain the fuel from the tank. Refer to Fuel Tank Draining .
  3. Raise the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
  4. Remove the left rear splash shield.
    Object Number: 617013  Size: SH
  5. Loosen the fuel fill hose clamp (2) and the vent hose clamp (1) at the fuel tank.
  6. Disconnect the fuel fill hose and the vent hose from the fuel tank.
    Object Number: 17538  Size: MH
  7. Remove the fuel tank shield.
    Object Number: 617056  Size: SH
  8. Support the fuel tank.
  9. Remove the fuel tank straps.

Notice: Use extreme care when lowering the fuel tank. The fuel sender is made of plastic. Lowering the fuel tank may damage the fuel sender.

10. Lower the fuel tank.
    Object Number: 331713  Size: SH
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if you look in the last photo you can see the 3 nipples i am talking about. can you explain what the 3 are?there is one nipple bigger then the other 2, 2 of them are disconnects and 1 of them is slightly differant. wich nipples are for the disconnects and wich are for the other one?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
The two outside connections are for the quick connect fuel lines. The center fitting is for the vent ( goes to charcoal canister )