Dan, Auto Technician
Experience:  GM Mark of Excellence/ Service Guild Participant with 13 years experience, ASE Master Certified

Air conditioner doesnt blow hard in the front. what could this be?

Customer Question

my air conditioner doesn''t blow hard in the front. what could this be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
Does the blower motor work on all speeds including high but it just seems muffled out the vents?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
when i turn my air conditioner on for the driver and the passenger. it doesnt the fan doesn't blow hard cool air out. when i drive it comes out slightly only because i am driving. the air for the backseat blows out fine. i have two switches for my air conditioner front and back.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
Does the mode or position of the air coming out change ok? Does it sound like something is obstructing the air maybe in the air box near the blower motor?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have it on high and it does not blow high or sometime not at all. until i drive there will be no air coming out of the vents.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
But you can still hear the blower working when no air is coming out?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no the blower isn't working. example if you are driving and you have the indicator in the red position (heat) hot air will come through as long as you are driving. and vice versa for cool air. sometimes the blower will come on sometimes it don't. it comes on when it wants to.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
Ok, you need to disconnect the blower motor connector and test for power and ground at the electrical connector. If both present suspect a faulty blower motor. Let me know what you find ok. The blower motor is located under the right side of the dash on the passenger side.