ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

2000 chevy blazer: 4x4..calipers..master cylinder, bleed the brakes

Customer Question

2000 chevy blazer 4x4 brakes dont work changed calipers, master cylinder, bleed the brakes dont know what else to do the brakes do not work at all please help.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 8 years ago.

What happens whan you push the pedal...Does it just go to the floor?

You getting good pressure to the wheels when bleeding them?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ase_master327's Post: the pressure when bleeding is decent if the truck is off the pedal has pressure if it is on the pedal has no pressure

Are you saying it only has pressure on it only when you are NOT using the pedal?

How about the red brake light did it come on, or is it on?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ase_master327's Post: no the pedal only has pressure when the truck is off when you start the truck you loose all pressure in the pedal and yes the brake light is on
Sorry it tookk so long to get back to you, I am in Hotels right now, moving to Virginia.
ANYWAYS....

The silver block where the lines from the master cylinder run to has a rubber boot on it. Take the rubber boot off, and you will see a tab in there. Get a screwdriver, and hold this tab from pushing out, while a helper pushes the brake pedal...There MIGHT be some fluid spray, so have a rag handy, just in case...
This resets the pressure differential switch in the combination valve...In english, it resets the light.
This light comes on when there is a pressure imbalance in the system, and it has to be reset every time the light comes on. Be aware that sometimes, they cannot be reset, and in this case the valve will need to be replaced, but I have only come across this about 5-6 times in all my years. Usually just resetting the switch does the trick.