culver19
culver19, ASE Master Tech with L1
Experience:  Chevy Tech and Automotive Instructor
9919098

1990 chevy: bolt..2wd../swb with 350 and 700r4 trans..van

Looking for a direct (just bolt in) replacement rear end with disc brakes to put into my 1990 chevy 1/2 ton 2wd/swb with 350 and 700r4 trans. Need year and model of truck/van/suv so can find it at local savalge yard.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  culver19 replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

A 2000 Chevy pickup has rear disc brakes. The rear differential size should be the same as yours. There will be some changes like rear brake lines that are different. But length and mounting should be the same. You need to pay attention to the gear ratios. I hope this info is what you are looking for. Please keep emailing us if you have anymore request. Remember to click the accept button. Thank you for the request

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to culver19's Post: How do I ck the ratio of the rearend?   Are there any numbers on the outside to reference this?      What is the std ratio for my model truck?
Expert:  culver19 replied 8 years ago.
There was a few different ratios that were used for all the trucks. Some had tags on the differential cover that said the ratio. Also if you call a GM parts house the is a code on the option list (I think it was in the glove box on your truck) they can tell you your ratio.