ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

2001 GMC Sonoma: it .After that my radio went into loc mode..unlock

I have a 2001 GMC Sonoma ,the battery was dead ,so I charged it .After that my radio went into loc mode . How do I unlock my radio?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.

1. Turn the ignition ON (The Delco radio displays "LOC or INOP").

A. If your radio says INOP, then you have entered too many wrong codes. You will need to run the vehicle for 1 hour or turn the key into the ON position for an 1 hour, before you can proceed to Step 2.

2. Looking at the face of your GM Delco radio, hold down the preset buttons 1&4 or 2&3 for approximately 10 seconds. The radio display changes from "LOC" to a three-digit number. Write this number down.

A. Don't take too long, fifteen seconds max before the next step.

3. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

Post the number back here and I will get the unlock code.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
052 051
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.

0558

Now you can go back out to your car, press and release the "HR" (hour) button until it flashes, and enter in the first two digits of your 4-digit code. Then press the MIN (minute) button and enter the last two digits. [For instance, if my code was the number "0558", I'd press the HR button 5 times and the MIN button 51 times]. When you're done, hit AM/FM. The radio is now unlocked.

To turn off Theftlock so you don't have to repeat this process the next power loss, just repeat the last step -- pressing HR and MIN to re-enter the code. When it's done and you hit AM/FM, a blank set of three hyphens ("---") will appear on the screen. You've disabled Theftlock.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did not get this to work yet
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.
Are you having a problem with a particular part?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the hour button does not flash
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.
Have you just tried to push the HR button to get the 05 to come up?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you i will try it again If I cannot get it to work I will contact you later Ihave to go
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.
ok, thanks
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.

You can try to see if this will work also

Press the HR button until the LOC disappears and OOO appears on the display and then enter in the first two digits of your 4-digit code. Then press the MIN (minute) button and enter the last two digits. [For instance, if my code was the number "0558", I'd press the HR button 5 times and the MIN button 51 times]. When you're done, hit AM/FM. The radio is now unlocked.

Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.
Hi I was just wondering if you need further assistance with this problem.