John, Master A.S.E Automotive technician
Experience:  A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician

1994 Chevy Lumina APV: van..hesitation..gas pedal..feul and..slow down

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Chevy Lumina APV van and I replaced the ac compressor and now I have jumping and hesitation when I push the gas pedal. I also have a very strong smell of feul and when I slow down too much, the vehicle shuts off.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.

I am guessing that you did not have this problem before you replaced the compressor,correct ? You need to go back & inspect the fuel rail & injectors for leaks.Look at the electrical wiring to the MAF,TPS & other sensors & be sure they were not disturbed during the repair.Make sure the air bellows to the throttle body did not get smashed.Check all the engine vacuum lines for cracks & coming loose.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to john's Post: John,
Is there anywhere online that i can find a diagram so I can check these parts, because I am not too familiar with the placements of them?
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Yes,Alldata or Mitchell has an online service that can help you with diagrams.