RussMasterTech
RussMasterTech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  19 years of GM Dealership experience. ASE Master with L1 and GM Master Certified in Electrical
9377736

how do you replace power window motor on 2002 avalanche

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  RussMasterTech replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I'll send you the factory procedure. It will consist of two seperate procedures. The first will be removing the Regulator or Module assembly and the second will be replacing the motor.

Hope this is what you need.

If this is the information you were looking for, please make sure to click the "Accept" button so I may receive the credit for helping you today. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Russ

Front Side Door Window Module Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Raise and support the window glass.
  2. Remove the trim panel.
  3. Remove the water deflector.
  4. Disconnect the harness from the electric window motor assembly.
  5. Remove the 2 bolts that hold the window glass to the regulator.
    Object Number: 348453  Size: SH

6. Remove the bolts from the window regulator.
  7. Remove the window regulator assembly from the door by folding both sides of the window regulator assembly together.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 348453  Size: SH

1. Position the regulator to the inside door structure. A slight twisting motion of the regulator is needed.
  2. Ensure the regulator is positioned firmly in the door.

Important: Place Permatex Threadlocker, Part Number 24200, GM P/N 12345382, onto the regulator bolt threads prior to tightening.

3. Install the bolts to the window regulator.

Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

4. Align the window glass to the regulator.
  5. Install the bolts that hold the window to the regulator.

Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

6. Install the water deflector.
  7. Install the trim panel.
  8. Lower the window and inspect the operation.

Front Side Door Window Regulator Motor Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Raise the window.

If the window motor is inoperable, remove the window to gain access to the window motor retaining screws.

2. Remove the power window module.
  3. With the window regulator on the bench, remove fasteners one (1) and two (2) which will disconnect the drive housing and motor (4) from the rail (5).
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

Important: Do not allow cable gear/spool to come out of the housing. As the motor slides out of the gear/spool, hold the gear/spool into the housing with your fingers. The spool will unwind if it comes out of the housing.

4. Holding the motor and housing together, remove fastener three (3).
  5. Slide the motor partially out of the gear/spool allowing finger access to the gear spool (6). Hold the gear/spool into the housing and remove the motor (7).
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

Installation Procedure

1. Install motor by aligning gear teeth and mounting points simultaneously, pushing the motor into the gear/spool and installing the motor to housing fastener first (3).
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

2. Slide the motor and housing assembly (4) onto the rail (5) and install the fastener number two (2).

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

3. Rotate the motor and housing assembly to align the attachment point for attachment number one (1) and install the fastener.

Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 5 N·m (44 lb in).

4. Install the power window module.
  5. Install the window if removed.