Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

94 s10 blazer: 4wheel drive and does nothing when I push the switch

I have a 94 s10 blazer,4.3. It is in 4wheel drive and does nothing when I push the switch.I think it is the tccm but need to find a way to diagnose it for sure before I buy it.I also need to know where it is located.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

Here is the info you need to test this system.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Beyond all of these items, It may be a good idea to verify that the RADIO, and TCCM fuse are all intact and not burned. You may also want to try to remove the TCCM fuse for ten minutes to clear the trouble codes stored within to see if this restores your 4wd.

The location of the TCCM is underneath the center of the dash on the transmission tunnel. Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems! Good luck!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: My s10 is showing a code 1-ram standby power lost.That gets me closer but where does ram standby power come from?