Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2006 Chevy Trailblazer: oil filter..my own oil change Is the filter

Customer Question

I''m sure ya''ll get asked this question; but where does the oil filter sit on a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer? I''d appreciate a semi-in depth answer, as to I am a Brunette, trying to do my own oil change Is the filter really hard to remove?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

It is located on the passenger side of the engine block at the bottom front, close to the crankshaft pulley. You will need to crawl underneath front of vehicle to access the filter. It loosens by turning counterclockwise.

graphic

If you do not see it, your trailblazer has an added engine splash shield you will need to remove first:

graphic

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I ended up taking the extra shield off under the vehicle and found the oil filter, on my own. You get so hurried, ask questions and all along the answer is right there in front of you. I'd gotten the oil changed by the time Eric answered me-Thanks anyways; atleast I know any question can be answered,but I was kinda in a hurry-othrer things to take care of on the property.
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

Glad you found it. If you need any help later, will be happy to help out