Wrenchtech
Wrenchtech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40 years experience with ASE certification as Master Technician with L1--Repair Shop Owner
7136321

How do you turn off antitheft system on 2004 chevy cavalier

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GENE replied 6 years ago.
you can not turn it off-the security system is intrgrated into the cars computer-it controls the starting and the fuel system
Expert:  Wrenchtech replied 6 years ago.
This is a different expert
Your car has 2 different systems
  1. Vehicle theft deterrent that the other expert is referring to (VTD)
  2. Contents theft deterrent that is controllable (CTD)

CONTENT THEFT DETERRENT (CTD) DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION

The CTD system, when armed, is designed to deter vehicle content theft by pulsing the horns and exterior lamps for approximately 2 minutes when an unauthorized vehicle entry is detected. However, the CTD system does not affect engine starting.

An unauthorized entry can be any of the following with the CTD system armed:

• When any door is opened without being unlocked by using the keyless entry transmitter to unlock the doors.
  • When opening a door or the trunk with the correct key without disarming the CTD system.

The components of the system are:

• Body Control Module
  • Door Ajar Switches

IMPORTANT
The CTD system can be armed with the windows or sunroof open.

Arming the CTD System
Use the following procedure in order to arm the system:

1. Place the shift lever in P (park).
  2. Turn OFF the ignition.
  3. Open any door.
  4. Lock the doors with the LOCK button on the transmitter. The system is in arm pending mode and will not start the arming timer until all doors are closed. The security indicator will remain OFF, until the CTD system is armed. The CTD system will arm after the last door is closed. IMPORTANT: The system is not armed if the doors are locked manually, the remote keyless entry transmitter must be used to arm the CTD system.
  5. The system will arm approximately 30 seconds from the time that the last door is closed. During this delay the THEFT SYSTEM indicator will be OFF. When the indicator transitions to FLASHING, the system is armed. Locking The Vehicle Without Arming The CTD System Locking the vehicle may be accomplished without arming the CTD system. Use of the manual door locks or using the key to lock the doors will lock the vehicle but will not arm the CTD system. Disarming an Armed System/Silencing an Alarm If system arming has been requested by the keyless entry transmitter, it must be disarmed. IMPORTANT: Using the power door unlock switch or manually unlocking the doors does not disable the CTD armed mode. Also, disconnecting the battery or pulling fuses does not disable the armed mode, since the BCM stores the CTD mode status in memory.
    • To disarm the CTD system in arm pending mode, SECURITY indicator flashing and doors open, perform one of the following:
    • Press the UNLOCK button on the keyless entry transmitter.
    • Insert a valid key into the ignition and start the vehicle.
    • To disarm the CTD system in the armed mode:
    • To disarm the CTD system when activated, alarming mode.

CTD Circuit Description
The following is a description of each component used in the CTD system:

Body Control Module (BCM)
The CTD system is an internal function of the Body Control Module (BCM) which utilizes class 2 serial data and various switch input information to perform CTD functions. When the BCM detects an unauthorized entry, it activates the horns and exterior lamps.

When the BCM detects an unauthorized entry, the BCM enters the alarm mode. The BCM activates the horns and exterior lamps for 2 minutes . This is followed by a three minute time-out with the horn no longer active. If no new intrusions are detected after the time-out, the horn is not active. The system must be disarmed or the intrusion condition removed after the time-out for the system to exit alarm mode.

Door Ajar Switches
The CTD system uses the door ajar switches in the door jambs as one method to activate the alarm. The body control module (BCM) monitors all door ajar switches via a discrete input from each door ajar switch, including the rear compartment. If the BCM receives a ground signal from a door ajar switch when the CTD system is armed, the BCM activates the alarm.

Inputs
The BCM monitors the following inputs:

• Driver and passenger door ajar switches
  • Rear compartment ajar switch
  • Transmitter LOCK/UNLOCK buttons, internal function of the BCM
  • Passlock(TM) Status-the BCM uses the passlock(TM) status for disarming the system or silencing and alarm when the correct key is used.

Outputs
The BCM controls the following:

• The horn relay
  • The exterior lights
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to GENE's Post: I want to know how to disable it, surly a cut wire somewhere?
No, you can not disable the Passlock system. Cutting wires will serve to disable your car only.
As you were told, this system is integrated right into the operating system and unless the computer receives the correct Passcode, it will not energize the fuel injecters.

As I posted earlier, you can shut off the contents security but not the immobilizer.

I can give you a way to bypass the sensor in the ignition switch, but that is only one component of the system and the rest of it will be active. You will just be fooling it into thinking it received the correct passcode.

Here is how that is done.

Here’s how you can bypass the sensor.

Go buy a 2.2k (2200 ohm) ohm resistor at an electronics store. Go to radio shack and just get one as close to that as you can. Remove the covers on the steering column and locate three small wires at the lock cylinder. Cut the yellow wire and the orange/black wire. Solder the resistor between those wires. Tape it up and put the covers back on and follow this relearn procedure. If this doesn't work you have a wiring problem in the steering column.

30 Minute Re-Learn Procedure
  1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes ( the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

Important

The vehicle learns the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

1. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or password).
  2. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if desired (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

Wrenchtech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 40 years experience with ASE certification as Master Technician with L1--Repair Shop Owner