Scott K
Scott K, ASE Master Tech/Instructor
Experience:  20 yrs Experience; GM factory Training ASE Master Certified with L1 advanced engine diagnostics
9480930

which hose is the heater inlet 2000 malibu

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Scott K replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Is this what you are looking for?

Object Number: 588344  Size: SH

Object Number: 292740  Size: SH

Thanks

Scott

Scott K, ASE Master Tech/Instructor
Experience: 20 yrs Experience; GM factory Training ASE Master Certified with L1 advanced engine diagnostics
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
one hose goes into a metal bar then has 2 smaller hoses that branch off then the metal pipe goes around the engine to the top of the water pump. the other hose goes into the the back of the thermostat.
Which one is the inlet heater hose? we have a radiator flush kit and it says to hook up to the heater inlet hose
Expert:  Scott K replied 6 years ago.
It is the pipe that goes around the top of the intake.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes then into the top of the water pump
Expert:  Scott K replied 6 years ago.

Yes, that is correct. that one is the inlet.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
now i am confussed on the instructions on the prestone flush kit it says 2 heater hoses extend from the fire wall to the engine. #1 hose runs from fire wall to water pump #2 hose runs from fire wall to top of engine. this is the heater inlet hose
Expert:  Scott K replied 6 years ago.
did your kit come with 2 different size tees?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Scott K's Post: 3 sizes
Expert:  Scott K replied 6 years ago.

The hot coolant flows from the engine to the heater core through the "inlet" hose. After circulating through the core, the coolant returns to the water pump through the "outlet" or "return" hose.

The pipe coming to the waterpump in front is the waterpump inlet and heater core oultet.

Hope this straightens out the confusion.