goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified

Where is the turn signal relay located on a 2006 Chevy HHR

No Comment Added
Hello, and welcome. this vehicle doesnt have a turn relay. what kind of problems are you having with the turn signals??
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was looking to instal LED signal lights and was told that I would need to put in a LED flasher to prevent a symptom called hyper flasher.

ok, these turn signals are controlled by the body control module. and i must say, the body control module's dont like electrical devices connected to its control circuits. basically on this vehicle all the lights are controlled by the body control module, which is a class two device. the turn switch tells the bcm what turn light to light, and then the bcm turns on or off the correct bulb!!! in the older vehicles you had turn flashers, which installing a led flasher would work, but not in this vehicle!!

Turn Signal Lamps

The body control module (BCM) is responsible for controlling the turn signals and hazard lamps. When the turn signal switch is placed in either the left turn or right turn position, the BCM receives a signal from the turn signal switch. The BCM then sends an on-off voltage signal to either the left or right turn signals and their instrument panel cluster (IPC) indicator. When the hazard switch is pressed, the BCM receives a signal from the hazard switch. The BCM then will send an on-off voltage signal to all the turn signal lamps. All the turn signal lamps will flash including both IPC turn signal indicators.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me a great deal of problems.
you are very welcome, and thanks for using JA!! let us know if we can help in the future!!