ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

04 chevy impala head gasket blown and cracked head ...

04 chevy impala head gasket blown and cracked head aftermarket warrenty company says gasket blew out coused it to overheat that coused it to crack the head thay say they wont pay for the head (stipulation in the contract) my question is do i have leg to stand on to try to fight them into making them pay for it could the head have cracked before the gasket blew out i need proof to fight with thanks eric
The overheating caused the gasket to blow, or the head to crack.
They don't mess up, until AFTER the engine is SEVERELY overheated.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ase_master327's Post: right but wich came first the chicken or the egg warrenty company says the gasket coused the head gasket blew on a water jacket head cracked between the valves do theses heads crack by themselves couse it overheated towed it home towed it to the shop and how do you tell witch blew first

Neither of those happened first.....

The engine overheated from another cause.

Since it won't crank up and run any more, that cause will be impossible to tell.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok that makes since but how can i get the warrenty company to pay for this head
I couldn't tell you that one. I don't know what your coverage is for, or any of that.
But it seems to me that reasons like this is exactly what a warranty could be for....At the same time, they could just say the system was low on coolant, and you kept running it like that...Who would be there to prove different??

I can refer you to a legal expert, if you like. Laughing